Thursday 24 July 2008

Life, luggage and leaving

Hello blog.

Another wee preliminary entry as the massive journey to Bogota draws rapidly closer. And i mean massive. The bus into the city centre on Saturday morning, then an 8 hour bus ride to London, some faffing around London with a giant suitcase til i arrive in Finsbury Park to stay with Danielle and Jack (charming pals). A wee doss in their flat and then it's away to Gatwick for a flight to New York, hang about Newark International Airport for a few hours then a final massive flight to Bogota, THEN a hike across town to this hotel i'm staying in. Erk.

I'm not enjoying leaving people, places, my job, my flat, all that kind of thing. I don't want to unleash some horrible tide of internet-borne sentimentality, but it's all pretty hellish. 
Then again, it's not like i'll not speak to anybody for a year. I'll probably get sick of the incessant e-mails, pictures of fat animals, love letters and the like. Yeah! See you sad sacks later!

In other news, my noble brother Mike, previously a Royal Mail stalwart, recently packed in the postie racket and gave ME the bag as a going away present. What a gent. It's vast & i'm already shiting it about the baggage allowance but in one year's time NO-ONE's going to miss me when i'm on the bike, with this vast red & fluorescent yellow brute on the go. Superb.

No comments: